The owner announced Pairings would be put on an indefinite hiatus starting on March 22, 2015.
- Owner (s): Marge & Joyce
- URL: pairings.moon-jewel.net
- Dreamwidth URL: pairings-tcg.dreamwidth.org
- Category: Anime, Manga and Video Games
There are two types of cards at Pairings: Normal and Special. All decks are worth 1. You collect different decks from the same series for a total of 20 cards. The couples must be from the same series, but do not have to be canon. Cross-overs are not allowed unless special permissions.
Normal decks are worth 1 and have 10 cards in each deck.
Special decks are worth 1 and have 20 cards in each deck. They usually feature a theme or event that has happened on the site. They are also made through member - create - a - deck as well.
Member cards are worth 0 and traded freely between members.
Having had members gain more cards, Pairings created levels to surpass the original 10 mark.
- Level 01: 000 - 100 Cards
- Level 02: 101 - 200 Cards
- Level 03: 201 - 300 Cards
- Level 04: 301 - 400 Cards
- Level 05: 401 - 500 Cards
- Level 06: 501 - 600 Cards
- Level 07: 601 - 700 Cards
- Level 08: 701 - 800 Cards
- Level 09: 801 - 900 Cards
- Level 10: 901 - 1000 Cards
- Level +11: Every +200 cards
- Level +21: Every +500 cards
You must master 2 singles decks together as a pair to receive your mastery. (10 cards + 10 cards = 20) Players turn in a custom image to go along with their pair-mastery and also a custom symbol dictating their relationship. Couples with a ( - ) are non-romantical and couples with a ( / ) are romantical. The badges may feature official artwork or fanart. Special decks have a set master badge.
The currency at Pairings is potions and love letters. The potions can be turned in for different card packs at the shop. The love letters are basically choice coupons.
Each potion unlocks a different card pack at the shop.
- Card Pack 01: 1 Choice Special Card - Worth 1 Red Potion
- Card Pack 02: 2 Choice Single Cards from the same deck - Worth 1 Pink Potion
- Card Pack 03: 2 Choice Single Cards from different decks - Worth 1 Blue Potion
- Card Pack 04: 2 Random Cards - Worth 1 Green Potion
- Card Pack 05: 4 Random Cards - Worth 1 Purple Potion
- Card Pack 06: 6 Random Cards - Worth 1 Orange Potion
- Card Pack 07: 3 Random Special Cards - Worth 1 Orange Potion OR 1 Puple Potion and 1 Green Potion
Benefits are special privileges that you earn through a series of tasks. There are 3 set categories and different benefits in each one. You may only have 1 benefit from each category at a time and 3 all together. You may also drop a benefit and earn a new one at any time.